Bay Station Easier Access Project
August 2019 to end of 2020
What we are doing and why?
As part of the TTC’s Easier Access Program, Bay Station will be upgraded with a new elevator to improve accessibility and customer convenience. Construction at Bay Station will begin as early as mid-August, 2019.
Easier Access Improvements
- Barrier-free path from the adjacent development connection (Cumberland Terrace) to the station concourse and platform level.
- One (1) elevator to access subway platforms from existing concourse
- New sloped floor, guard rail and automatic doors to Cumberland Terrace connection to meet accessibility standards
- CCTV – Security cameras along the accessible pathway
What to expect
- The construction of a single elevator will take place only at the concourse and platform levels of Bay Station. Protective hoarding will be in place.
- No construction activities are expected at street level except for the delivery of materials and equipment.
- Most work will take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., with some extensions outside of these hours in order to complete the work as quickly as possible.
- Noise and vibration associated with construction can be expected with this work. The contractor will work to keep both to a minimum.
Transit Information and Access
- Access to the station will be maintained throughout construction.
- No impacts to subway service on Line 2 – Bloor-Danforth
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit accessibility and safety at Bay Station.
For further information:
Niki Angelis, Community Liaison, 416-981-1532, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service