Danforth Avenue at Oak Park Avenue - underground utility chamber rebuild
As early as November 9 for approximately 8-10 weeks
What we are doing and why
TTC will be rebuilding two existing underground utility chambers on the north side of Danforth Avenue in the vicinity of Oak Park Avenue. The chambers are part of a network in the city that provide access to electrical and communication cabling for TTC, as well as for other utility companies. This work was originally planned to start in July 2020, but was postponed.
Activities will include minor roadway excavation to expose the utility chambers, rebuilding the concrete chambers and restoring the roadway. Equipment, materials and the work zone/traffic controls will remain onsite until the project is completed.
Beginning as early as Monday, November 9 at 7 a.m., crews will begin setting up a safe work zone and temporary traffic controls.
Traffic, parking, pedestrian and cyclist details
- To maintain traffic movement on Danforth Avenue through the work zones, on-street parking will be temporarily restricted through the work zones.
- No right turns from Oak Park Avenue on to Danforth Avenue.
- Bike lanes on Danforth Avenue will be maintained through the work zones with slight modifications to the bike lane on the north side.
- All sidewalks, private driveways and store entrances will be maintained.
- The work zones and traffic controls will remain in place until project completion.
Work hours and timeline
Work will take place Monday to Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Efforts will be made to complete the work sooner by working Saturdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., as required.
Thank you for your patience during this essential work.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 647-461-5133; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service