Dundas Street West and Dovercourt Road - TTC rebuilding an existing underground utility chamber
Starting February 18 for approximately 8 weeks
What are we doing and why?
TTC will be rebuilding an existing underground utility chamber at the north-east corner of the Dundas Street West and Dovercourt Road intersection. The chamber is part of a network in the city that provides access to electrical and communication cabling for TTC as well as for other utility companies.
Activities will include roadway excavation (approx. 4m x 4m) to expose the utility chamber, rebuilding the concrete chamber and restoring the roadway. Temporary road restoration will be made at completion of the work. Permanent road resurfacing will be completed by the TTC at a later date.
Work hours and timeline
- Work will take place Monday to Friday between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. Efforts will be made to complete the work sooner by working Saturdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., as required.
- The work zone will be set up on the north-east corner of the intersection.
Traffic and pedestrian details
- Traffic will be maintained in each direction throughout the project. A westbound lane reduction through the intersection is required for safety.
- All pedestrian crosswalks, sidewalks and driveways will be maintained. The north and east crosswalk may be re-configured for safety.
- The work zone will remain in place until the completion of the project.
Some equipment and materials will remain onsite overnight.
Thank you for your patience during this essential work.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 416-981-1601; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service