Dundas/Howard Park intersection - track renewal
Update - Dundas/Howard Park intersection closure from September 28 to October 25
What we are doing and why
The TTC and the City of Toronto’s multi-phase streetcar track renewal on Howard Park Avenue west Roncesvalles Avenue is complete.
Phase 6, is the final phase of this project and involves a FULL CLOSURE of the intersection of Dundas Street West and Howard Park Avenue from Monday, September 28 to October 25, 2020.
Project phases and limits - schedule subject to change
|Phase/Location/Dates||Work being completed||Traffic information||Parking|
Intersection Howard Park
September 28 to
|TTC track construction including
passenger platform construction,
traffic signal work, sidewalk work
and road resurfacing/reconfiguration.
An eastbound streetcar passenger
Some underground hydro utility work
|The intersection of Howard Park Avenue
and Dundas Street will be
FULLY CLOSED to traffic.
The area will be cordoned-off
with construction barrels and
Morrow Avenue and Lynd Avenue will
Lynd Avenue will be converted
|No on-street parking within |
the limits of the construction
zone including material and
rail panel trailer areas
that extend beyond the work area
TTC Material Storage
TTC track materials/work equipment will be parked within the construction zone. Pre-assembled rail panels on two flat deck trailers will be delivered overnight on September 27, prior to the start of the project. The two rail panel trailers will be parked in the streetcar track lanes on Dundas Street West between Ritchie Street and Golden Avenue. The rail panels are scheduled to be installed by October 5. A shorter trailer of rails will be parked close to the intersection prior to installation. Street parking will be restricted in the storage areas, and will be restored once rails have been installed.
Parking and traffic restrictions
Kindly avoid parking on Dundas Street West between Ritchie Street and Sorauren Avenue on the evening September 27, as well on Howard Park Avenue just west of Dundas Street. If your parked vehicle affects construction work, it will be relocated with no charge to the owner. If your vehicle is moved, please contact parking control for its location at 416-808-2222.
- During track renewal, there will be periods of 24-hours around-the-clock work. Excavation activities and heavy breaking will be carried out at various times throughout the day. Concrete breaking activities will occur between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. Breaking work is the most disruptive.
- Around-the-clock work during periods of rail installation by TTC track crews is required to preserve the integrity and quality of new rail and concrete and support daytime construction. Overnight rail work by TTC may consist of installing pre-assembled rail panels, moving some new rail strings into position and rail welding / grinding. Unavoidable noise can be expected during these activities.
TTC service – 505 Dundas and 506/306 Carlton routes
- 505 Dundas streetcars will turn back via the Dundas Street/College Street/Lansdowne Avenue triangle.
- 506/306 Carlton buses are currently operating on this route. Buses will operate to Dundas West Station via College Street, Lansdowne Avenue and Bloor Street.
- Note: 505 Dundas customers travelling to Dundas West Station will be required to transfer to 506 Carlton buses.
- Note: 505, 506 and 306 routes will remain on a modified diversion at completion of this intersection project due to upcoming track work and improvements at the Dundas/College and Dundas/Sterling intersections.
Garbage and Recycling: Follow your normal routine. If required, the contractor will move bins to an appropriate location and return them. Please ensure that you label your bins with your address.
Businesses will be open throughout construction.
Thank you for your patience during this track renewal project.
For further information:
TTC: Diego Sinagoga, Senior Community Liaison Officer, 647-468-4183, firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Toronto: Paul Martin, Senior Public Consultation Coordinator, 416 392-6681, email@example.com
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service