Keele Station - Easier Access project
As early as August 1, 2019
The TTC’s Easier Access Program makes stations accessible with the addition of new elevators. The project is scheduled for completion by the end of 2021.
Easier Access improvements include
- Barrier-free path from the main entrance to the platform level of the station
- Two elevators to access eastbound and westbound platforms
- Automatic sliding station entry doors
- Improved signage and CCTV – Security cameras along the accessible pathway
What to expect
- The majority of construction for the new elevators will take place in the bus loop. Protective hoarding will be in place.
- The bus loop will be closed for approximately 6 months in 2020 (TBD) in order to upgrade/repave the bus roadway, bus platforms and to complete some preliminary underground work. During this time, TTC riders will board buses on-street or at a High Park station. A detailed transit service plan will be provided closer to the time of the closure with updated signage in place.
- The construction vehicle access will be from Keele Street.
- Station bike parking will be relocated and maintained.
- For more information about the project, please view the December 2018 Public Open House Presentation (pdf).
- The majority of work will take place between Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., with some extensions outside of these hours in order to complete the work as quickly as possible.
- Noise, dust and vibration associated with construction can be expected with this work. Efforts will be made to keep levels to a minimum.
Thank you for your support as we build accessible transit for Toronto.
For further information:
Denise Jayawardene, Senior Community Liaison, 416-393-6937, email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service