Dufferin Street and Lawrence Avenue West - intersection improvements
August 1 to September 30, 2019
What we are doing and why?
The TTC will be improving the intersection at Dufferin Street and Lawrence Avenue West Work will include:
- Widening the south side of Lawrence Ave. W to create a long westbound right turn/bus lane to improve the speed and reliability of the 52 Lawrence West, 952 Lawrence West Express and 59 Maple Leaf bus routes.
Temporary impacts to complete construction safely and efficiently:
- Lane closures (on Lawrence Avenue).
- Partial street access closures (Corona Street).
- Driveway access on Lawrence Ave. W. will be reduced, but access will be maintained throughout construction.
- Jersey barriers and lane reductions, as required.
- Installation of new medians, and new curbs.
- Relocation of catch basin.
- Concrete pours in the boulevard.
- Resurfacing of roads and line painting.
- Noise associated with construction.
- Dust and noise related to saw cutting.
- Some tree removal and protection.
- Equipment, trucks and trailer will be located in the vicinity of the project.
- Removal of sod located in the City property limits (boulevard), as needed.
Bus stops at this intersection will be temporarily moved to a nearby safe location.
Traffic and pedestrian restrictions
- Traffic and pedestrian access will be maintained in both directions at all times.
- Crews will occupy the curb lane for construction and safety purposes.
The majority of the work will take place during the day (Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. & Saturdays 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.).
For further information:
Denise Jayawardene, Senior Community Liaison, 416-393-6937, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service