Overhead infrastructure upgrades across streetcar network
Ongoing through spring and summer 2019
What are we doing and why?
TTC is currently conducting maintenance and upgrades to the overhead infrastructure across the streetcar network. Some of the overhead wiring upgrades are necessary for the full operation of the TTC’s new accessible streetcars.
General work locations
- College and Ossington - restringing overhead at the intersection - overnight work until mid May
- Queen and Parliament - restringing overhead at the intersection - overnight work until early June
- King and Shaw - restringing overhead at the intersection and pole installation - overnight in May
- St Clair from Gunns Loop to Oakwood - pantograph upgrades - until late August
- King from Yonge to River - pantograph upgrades (may temporarily effect some parking) - day time work until late May
- King from Yonge to Bathurst - pantograph upgrades (may temporarily effect some parking - daytime work until July
- Queen from Leslie to Parliament - pantograph upgrades (may temporarily effect some parking) - daytime work until late June
On average, one to three TTC overhead trucks with hydraulic equipment will be used to carry out this work. While efforts will be made by the crew to keep noise to a minimum, beeping sounds when the trucks are backing up will be audible. Equipment lights may also be noticeable.
Traffic will be maintained through the intersection with lane restrictions.
TTC serviceStreetcar operations through the work areas will be maintained unless otherwise stated.
For further information:
Diego Sinagoga, Senior Community Liaison, 416-393-2197, email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service