Warden Station / St Clair Avenue Bus Underpass Bridge Rehabilitation
Warden Station PPUDO/taxi entrance and traffic impacts
What we are doing and why?
Starting as early as May 16, TTC will be conducting repairs to the St Clair Avenue bus underpass bridge, just east of Warden Avenue. Work will take place on St Clair Avenue East and at the bus underpass level. Work is scheduled for completion by the end of 2019.
- Work will be conducted in two stages with each stage lasting approximately 10-12 weeks.
- Removal of the centre median on St Clair Avenue East to accommodate 2-way traffic at all times.
- Removal and repair of deteriorated concrete at street level and at the bus underpass level including some curb lanes and sidewalks.
- Upon completion, a new median will be constructed and traffic lanes restored to pre-construction condition.
Traffic and pedestrian restrictions
- Work will be conducted in two stages to maintain 2-way traffic at all times:
- Stage 1 (as early as May 21 until July 5): 1 lane of traffic in each direction
- Stage 2 (July to end of December): 2 lanes of traffic in each direction
- The passenger pickup/drop-off (PPUDO)/taxi access from St Clair Avenue East will be closed for the duration of the work. Access will be available from Warden Avenue.
- There will be some sidewalk impacts during each phase of construction. Safe detours with directional signage will be installed.
Subway and bus service will not be affected by this work.
Thank you for your patience during this essential infrastructure repair work.
For further information:
Niki Angelis, Community Liaison, 416-981-1532, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service